Chef Mariza de Jager
Tamarind Chutney Dressing
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ onion – finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tamarind paste
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Fry garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add tamarind and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Blend chutney and the rest of the ingredients together to make a dressing. If to thick add a drizzle of water. Pour over salad, just before serving.
- 4 chicken fillets
- olive oil + extra for sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- kale – shredded
- 1 avocado
- Season chicken fillets and fry in hot pan on both sides with a drizzle of olive oil and butter.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 15-20 min to cook.
- Once cooked allow to rest – when cool cut in slices.
- Cut sweet potato in 1cm thick circles and place in roasting tray, season with salt and pepper, olive oil and paprika. Roast for 20 min until cooked but not mushy.
- Toss all salad ingredients together adding the sweet potato and chicken.
Arrange in serving bowl with tamarind chutney dressing, and serve with a glass of DUKE Chenin Blanc.