Chef Mariza de Jager
- 4 red onions, sliced
- 3 cups mixed tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup green olives, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 8 curry leaves
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and set over a low heat. Bring gently to a simmer, then increase heat to medium. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thickened.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 10g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 10g oregano, finely chopped
- 10g basil leaves, finely chopped
- 10g mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 4 burger rolls, cut in half
- fresh salad leaves, washed and dried
- Combine all the ingredients except burger rolls and salad leaves in a large bowl.
- Mix through with hands and shape in equal-sized patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. When hot, fry patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Brush each roll with oil and lightly toast in pan.
- To assemble, place salad leaves on the bottom halve of toasted buns. Top with patty, tomato & olive chutney and crumbled feta.
Serve with sweet potato fries and a glass of DUKE Merlot.