Chef Mariza de Jager
- 4 chicken fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup pineapple Juice
- 1 Tbsp lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 large passion fruit / granadilla (pulp & seeds)
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Brown chicken on each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add finely chopped onion to pan and fry over low heat until cooked.
- Deglaze onion pan over low heat by adding pineapple juice and lime juice.
- Add sugar. Remove from heat and add passion fruit & other 1 tbsp of butter and mix well.
- Cut the chicken into slices and top with passion fruit sauce.
Serve over cooked brown rice with a glass of DUKE Chenin Blanc.