Chef Mariza de Jager
- 4 hake fillets
- 250g thin rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 16 large basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 50g butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cut fish into 16 large chunks.
- Cut bacon strips in Half.
- Wrap a basil leaf and bacon strip around the fish and secure on a skewer.
- Repeat with all the fish chunks.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add thyme and allow to infuse the oil. Add skewers and cook on all sides until bacon is nicely browned – the fish will now be cooked through.
- Add butter, lemon zest and juice to the pan with a good grind of black pepper.
Serve with fresh garden peas and a glass of DUKE Sauvignon Blanc.